Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Friday, June 24, 2005



Are X-Books Totally Losing It?

I must say i agree with just about every word of Return to Comics latest post about Uncanny X-men. It's almost impossible to keep up w/ all the X-happenings these days w/o reading those websites (and there are several) devoted strictly to following it all - especially if you've been out of the loop a while. Sometimes i feel like even if i wanted to stay abreast of it all i'd have to spend a fortune buying/reading 10 different titles just so i didn't have 50 questions w/ each issue of X-whatever i read. Since i've been back off the wagon reading comics, the X-stuff has been the biggest let down - I have such fond memories of all things X from 15 years ago (before my hiatus) and had SUCH high hopes for X-men and its spin-off titles when i returned. bummer. I thought at first it was just my taste that had changed between 15 and 30, but then i read some of my back issues.

That being said - i do enjoy me some Ultimate X-Men and i have some small amount of faith (well let's call it hope rather than faith) that Marvel can reboot a lot of what needs rebooting w/ some of these X-titles after House of M - if they'll only take the plunge and make it happen. Collectively, we shall see.

side note: does it get on anyone else's nerves how everything is "X dash whatever"? i know i'm a hypocrite, its so abnoxiously "normal" that i used it myself like 10 times in this post w/o even realizing it until i was reading it over before submitting it. i know, i know, i'm a homer.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel