Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, June 28, 2005



Hmmm... What to Pick Up This Week?

Jeez there is absolutely NOTHING of value for me (that i know about - i'm sincerely hoping this list i got this from was incomplete) this week. Even the few i have listed below are mercy pick-ups that i was either waiting for the trade on or planning to skip all together. Zilla's weekly spending spree might be a bit tame this week... Unless of course the titles i originally thought were coming out (listed as "MIA" below) actually make the stands...

DARK HORSE:
Nada
MIA: CONAN #17, USAGI YOHIMBO #85

DC COMICS:
Nada

IMAGE:
Nada
MIA: SAMURAI HEAVEN AND EARTH #5 (did #4 even come out yet???)

MARVEL:
NEW X-MEN HELLIONS #2 - had been planning to wait for the trade on this one but this week is SOO friggin' light i might snag this to have something to read :)

YOUNG AVENGERS #5 - See comments for hellions above. I know this title gets a lot of hype but i haven't really caught interest in it (picked up the last issue). should prob give it one more try.

OTHER:
FORGOTTEN REALMS DARK ELF HOMELAND CVR A #1 (OF 3) - man i loved these books before some of the later volumes jumped the shark, so i'm sure i'll at least flip through this one and check it out.

HUSTLER BARELY LEGAL - JUST KIDDING! Seriously i'm married and my wife would kill me... plus i'm no perv (or chester) - just threw this one in there for laughs... i swear. honest.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel