Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, June 28, 2005



Humberto Ramos and Revelations


As anyone who's been reading my blogs over the last week (since it's inception really) knows, i'm a card-carrying member of Humberto Ramos' fan club. One of my most anticipated books for the summer (of many i must admit) is the DH title Revelations. Ramos is once agained teamed up w/ Jenkins (both recently on Spec Spidey before it retired), and the two of them make a great team IMO. There's an article at Newsarama today with a bit more info than was previously released, including covers for issue's #3 and #4 (and even a handy link to the previously released stuff in case you missed it - and interview, and 6 preview pages from #1). issue #1 preview pages look/read great to me. Ramos art has come a LONG way IMO since i first noticed him in Peter Parker Spider-Man: Return of the Green Goblin (which i didn't enjoy very much due the story but se la vie). Countdown and the previous TPB (forget the name but the one w/ a very cool eddie brock/venom) were both stellar and Ramos' art improved in each. From what i can tell in Revelations, it seems to have matured even further - and i'm loving it all the more. Keep it up Humberto (wonder what this guys nick name is?).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel