Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Monday, June 27, 2005



Is Battle Pope for Real?

I couldn't believe at first that Battle Pope was a real title... but once i found out it was Kirkman, my interest was peaked to say the least (i'm a huge fan of his work on The Walking Dead and Invincible). Today i stumbled across this article over at Newsarama talking briefly about #1 coming out 7/6. there's a few very cool looking preview pages that are definitely worth checking out... the new color guy they got to work on this seems pretty on point IMO.

i can't wait to read the first issue of this (the humor seems like it might be right up my alley), tho i'm not easily offended - even when the jokes hit home they can still make me laugh. My wife is catholic but definitely has a great (albeit quirky) sense of humor (think The Goon) - i wonder what she'll think? Here's to hoping Kirkman hits another one out of the park for my pleasure (even though this is a reprint/recolor of his originally self-published indy title so prob only new to me). Anyone read the originals that's willing to comment?

PS anyone know what's up with kirkman's website? i found it a while ago but everytime i go there its just a wild shaking kirkman.com logo (no way to click through or anything that i can tell). am i a homer or is it under construction or what??



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel