Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Friday, June 24, 2005



Little brother gettin' hitched...

zero to do with comics: My little brother is getting married this weekend!! congrats to ryan and his lovely new soon-to-be wifey melissa. i'm the best man so starting tonight w/ the rehersal dinner i will be pretty crazy busy all weekend and not able to keep up with my posts as much as i would like... def have some good stuff in the works though - i'll try and get them up sunday night/monday morning-ish.

i've been married four years - and i keep telling the kid - you need to hook it up like that runaway bride lady did - you could be the first nationally known runaway groom. makes me think of a great story my dad told me: the night before his wedding, his rugby buddies took him out drinking and got him totally hammered - then they tried to put him on an overnight bus to mexico so he'd miss his wedding (we lived in san antonio at the time)! it never happened though - and he made it - been married to me ma for 28 years now (yeah i'm 30... so what?).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel