Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, June 29, 2005



Oh What an Empty Feeling...

This is the first wednesday in my 3 months back into comics that i didn't go to my LCS and pick up a stack of monthlies. CONAN #17, USAGI YOHIMBO #85, and SAMURAI HEAVEN AND EARTH #5 (or #4 for that matter) didn't come out as originally expected (correct me if i'm wrong here!!), and there wasn't really anything else for me this week. I kind of enjoyed HELLIONS #1 a couple of weeks ago but have all but decided to just wait for the trade on that one if i read it at all (even though rock slide is a cool character IMO). The new YOUNG AVENGERS is sitting over there but i haven't quite been able to get into that one yet after a few test issues (even though i know people in general are raving about it). Now rest assured - I do have a long laundry list of TPB's i'm about to order online (and a few already in the mail) but i wasn't about to pick up any of those at cover price (even though i def undertand the arguement of supporting your local shops and do as often as possible)... Here's to next week getting here yesterday-ish.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel