Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, June 30, 2005



Spawn #1 Was the Cat's A$$ Right About When I Stopped Reading

And low and behold, it's still running 15 years later upon my return. But wait - it's not nearly as cool and talked about as it was back then (and to be honest who could expect it to be after all this time?). Todd isn't working directly w/ the book anymore... there's some... other dudes. In 1992, Todd M was just about THE coolest guy in comics. I loved his work back then (who can forget his hulk, spidey, or spawn?), hell he was one of the reasons i stumbled away from comics and couldn't make a clean break, even with college, women, jobs, and whatever else that took up my time for the last 15 years looming. Once I started reading again the first books i went for were the ones i remembered from back when: Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk. Spawn came to mind as a title i recognized that was still runnning, so I poked around at CBR and the online neighborhood, trying to investigate the books current state of affairs but didn't find much positive. There's def a hard core fanbase hunting down each floppy, but it seems to me a lot of readers are pretty "blah" about the title these days. But wait - there's hope! Todd is getting more involved (or at least hinting at it), and there's going to be a new team (supposedly a great new team but what do i know at this point?) to shake things up starting w/ a super-size-me issue #150. I think i'll pick this one up... for old times sake.



4 Comments:

01 July, 2005 22:47, Blogger Christopher Green said...

I used to like Spawn ages ago, but that was mostly just because I liked to watch the HBO series. I still have one issue of Spawn though, #9 which features the first appearence of Angela.

 
04 October, 2005 08:01, Blogger Funclub said...

Nice blog I have one myself great idea betting book horse racing sport

 
04 October, 2005 21:00, Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline airport
It deals mostly with airline airport plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

 
08 October, 2005 10:47, Blogger Richpoo said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my sports wear site. It pretty much covers sports wear related stuff.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel