Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, June 22, 2005



Online comics?

I stumbled across dark horse's new "eComic" for War of the Worlds and it got me thinking... is this a good thing? I mean i enjoyed it even though it was kind of weird flipping through a comic on my laptop rather than in my actual lap. It would be REALLY cool i think to be able to read back issues etc. online - imagine an online shop (or subscription service) where you could access a huge database of comics/trades for viewing online, or download as PDFs? now that would be cool for immediately catching up on the issue/arc you missed.

That said though, I'm not sure i'll ever be able to get over wanting to physically hold the book and feel the paper - check out the art as printed not digitally displayed. reminds me of this experiement i held last year where i bought all my books as ebooks for a few months. it was ok (def nice to be able to easily take my collection w/ me) but never really won me over - even as a part timer (some "e" and some not "e"). i'm basically back to 100% paper.

What does everyone else think?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel