Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, June 29, 2005



Thoughts on Image's Sept Solicitations...

Ah the final of my three "Throughts on Publisher X's Sept Solicitations...". This one will be easy, there are only 3 i'm interested in (at the moment):

INVINCIBLE VOL. 5 FACTS OF LIFE - I'm the new president of the Robert Kirkman fan club. I've only read the first Invincible TPB so far but 2, 3, and 4 will be long read by the time this #5 hits the shelves. Can't wait to read #2 (and here's to this title keeping my interest until #5 DOES come out :)

RONIN HOOD OF THE 47 SAMURAI - I'm a samurai junky so i'll be buying this one, plus i hear that Craig Rousseau is a beast.

FERRO CITY #2 - keep hearing about this one and the preview pages i've seen definitely piqued my interest... i'll be picking up #1 to decide if i'm waiting for trade or skating right along into #2 here in sept. Fingers crossed.



2 Comments:

29 June, 2005 13:18, Blogger Greg said...

Is Ronin Hood from Image? On FCBD it was from Beckett. I don't know if you picked it up, but it's not bad, just a bit standard. Robin Hood in Japan. Fine and dandy, but nothing spectacularly different.

 
29 June, 2005 13:41, Blogger zilla said...

you're right greg - it is from beckett not image... i kind of love all things samurai so thought i'd pick this up in trade in sept (deep discount). what did you get the free whatever issue they were giving out a few weeks ago? i missed that...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel