Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, July 07, 2005



House of M #3

Following up on my post this morning, i got a chance to read through House of M #3 this afternoon. Definitely the best issue so far IMO. Wolverine emerges from the fog enveloping the rest of the Marvel universe and heads out looking for the first person he can think of: Charles Xavier. No luck. There's a funny moment when Wolvie is on the phone with information looking for Xavier - the operator can't find any listing and so he asks about Peter Parker - and the operator says "You mean the fan club"? Def grinned at that one. S.H.I.E.L.D agents (dropping hints that they are Wolverine's current "team") including Nightcrawler, Rogue, Jess Drew, Mystique, and Cannonball (at least I think it's Cannoball correct me if i'm wrong on this one), attempt to apprehend the now rogue Wolverine and bring him back "in". Personally i think Coipel did an awesome job w/ the pencils in this one - i love the S.H.I.E.L.D costumes/uniforms, and there is a great Wolverine motorcycle ride through the city atop a stolen bike (you can feel it). There's a pretty solid battle near the end between Wolverine and the S.H.I.E.L.D team trying to bring him in - culminating w/ a very cool Cloak appearance (which reminds me - whatever happened to dagger?).

I won't give away what happens on the last page that was supposed to "bring down the internet" but it didn't seem all that incredible to me - but maybe i'm missing something considering the 15-year black hole in my Marvel U history databanks. Regardless, a good issue - i'm finally into this title full force. Looking good and forward to #4.



1 Comments:

07 July, 2005 16:28, Blogger Christopher Green said...

I haven't read the issue yet, but I don't see what the big deal was about the finale. I mean, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later (this is Marvel, we're talking about here). I laughed my ass off just now after reading "You mean the fan club?" you mentioned. I'm fully behind House of M, I'm actually buying quite a few of the tie-in issues.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel