Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Friday, July 29, 2005



Mark Fossen Reviews Scott Pilgrim 1 & 2

My good pal Mark Fossen has posted a phenomenal review of the first two editions of the now famous Scott Pilgrim on his blog (Focused Totality). I was sure to mention how much i loved the review in a comment to his post, but that somehow didn't feel like "enough" so i decided to gush over it here in the comfort of Zilla's lair. Mark's reviews are getting better and better - and in this man's humble opinion he should be doing this professionally (can someone please hire this man??). Whether you have any interest in Scott Pilgrim at all - do yourself a big favor and CHECK OUT the review.



2 Comments:

29 July, 2005 09:32, Blogger Ryan X said...

Well, no doubt that was a highly intellectual and impressive (understatement)review of a comic book. Mark is obviously trained in the arts and his depth of knowledge is slightly intimidating. I am compelled to pick up Scott Pilgrim, as any thinking man would be after reading Mark's review.

 
29 July, 2005 13:03, Blogger Mark Fossen said...

Thanks for the pimp, Zilla. And the kind words.

The piece came out a bit more academic and stuffy that I wanted, but I do actually think about these things. I suppose it's my misspent youth in theatre. :)

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel