Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, July 28, 2005



Sean Maher's Quality Control

Today's shameless pimping of another's comics blog:

Sean Maher's blog "Quality Control" is fast becoming one of my favorites. The guy posts some good thoughts, killer reviews, and seriously big, nice, high resolution image scans (thank God for the age of broadband). It's almost scary how similar Sean's taste is to your old pal Zilla's. He's got some business up there today about Wildestorm's Silent Dragon, and a post immediately preceding it about the latest Conan incarnation. Both are must reads w/ some must see images. I'm about to drop a review of Silent Dragon sometime today (loved it w/ a capitol "L").

Stop in today, tomorrow, next week or all 3.



2 Comments:

28 July, 2005 15:04, Blogger Ryan X said...

Sean's blog is very cool, I loved the Conan review. I am sorry I passed on it today at the store, if I had known that #16 was a logical jumping on point, I would have snagged it. Also, speaking of Silent Dragon (which I am getting also), Andy Diggle also did "The Losers", another excellent book (3 trades out so far).

 
28 July, 2005 15:11, Blogger zilla said...

yeah i REALLY dug silent dragon - i'm putting up a review of it tonight.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel