Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, August 03, 2005



Zilla's 8.3 LCS Shopping List

Not a whole lot doing this week @ the LCS but I am definiely looking forward to both 1602: New World #1 and Sundown, Arizona #1. In addition to my LCS trip i put in a couple of orders w/ instocktrades.com (see post) and Amazon.com (Bone Color editons 1 and 2, Hellboy V4, and The Goon V1: Nuthin' But the Misery).

Looking ahead one week: CONCRETE VOL 1 DEPTHS TP, SAMURAI HEAVEN & EARTH #4 (OF 5), FERRO CITY #1, HOUSE OF M #5 (OF 8), INCREDIBLE HULK #85, and the highly anticipated (for me at least) ULTIMATES ANNUAL #1 (MR).

DARK HORSE
None (second week in a row from one of my fav publishers!).

DC
GOTHAM CENTRAL #34 - Shelving these until i catch up (which should be shortly)
Y THE LAST MAN #36 - Same.

IMAGE
IMAGINARIES #3 (OF 4) - No one seems to be talking about this book but i loved the first 2 issues. Quirky, funny, and unique with great art. What more can a guy like me ask for?

MARVEL
MARVEL 1602 NEW WORLD #1 (OF 6) - This is my pick 'o the week. Can't wait to read this one... enjoyed the stuffing out of the first round of 1602 and this one surrounds Spidey and Hulk. Nice.
NEW AVENGERS #8 - Pull list. Interested to see where they go w/ Jenkins and Sentry after a weird/wild ending to #7.
NEW AVENGERS VOL 1 BREAKOUT HC - Very interesting but i'll probably pass (though it is a light week so...).

OTHER
HIP FLASK MYSTERY CITY - I've been wanting to read the first 2 of the hip flask titles for some time but haven't gotten around to it yet... maybe i'll start here instead?
SHAUN OF THE DEAD #2 (OF 4) - I watched the Shaun of the Dead DVD just this past weekend and reviewed it here yesterday... I enjoyed the story so much i'll probably end up picking up the TPB when it hits - but most likely pass on the floppies. Here's to hoping these guys get an ongoing...
SUNDOWN #1 (OF 3) - I posted about this yesterday... I'm def grabbing this.

Filed in:



3 Comments:

03 August, 2005 09:11, Blogger Ryan X said...

I am with you on Sundown. I'll be snagging that today for sure.

 
03 August, 2005 10:43, Blogger Mark Fossen said...

Aren't you starting in on mailordercomics.com, Zilla?

 
03 August, 2005 10:55, Blogger zilla said...

great point mark - glad you brought that up. i'll need to start paying close attention to what i buy the next couple of weeks until i get into the swing of that... luckily nothing on this weeks list is in my mailordercomics order (shipping this week as well).

i think what i'm going to do moving forward is use mailordercomics for stuff i know 100% i'm going to buy (my inner pull list and upcoming HCs/trades) and still swing by the LCS weekly for anything i was on the fence about or just want to check out.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel