Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, September 21, 2005



9.21: Godland #3

I know Zilla's has a couple of readers who are into Godland as much as I am so feel free to chime in boys (and girls?). Issue #3 is pretty stout - we learn a ton more about adam archer's history (and future), and get a glimpse into the competitiveness that drives his sisters as they sit behind the limelight during his superhero exploits. One of them even gets frustrated enough to head off on an adventure of her own (oh what fun #4 will be!).

The evil Cronus makes a quick appearance (and man i love this guy and his dialogue, especially the head floating in a cannister on top of his shoulders). The massive (and mysterious) dog-like alien "Maxim", introduced last issue, reveals more about himself and we start to get an idea how he might fit-in long term.

Overall there's a ton of "revealing" going on in this third issue (w/ adam, his sisters, maxim, etc.) - setting the stage for some mighty, forthcoming adventures. Keep it up Casey. Old-school style/art with a new-school feel. Not exactly sure why but this comic just takes me back... way back. Love it. A.

PS there's that incredible ad i keep seeing for "Casanova" (Fraction and Ba) coming in spring 2006. i've never been sold so hard on one image before in my life... can't wait for this.

Filed in:



2 Comments:

22 September, 2005 10:44, Blogger joncormier said...

For some reason I can't find this issue. Same goes for Ferro City. WTF? Is it just bad luck on my part or is there a delay to Canada?

 
22 September, 2005 15:59, Blogger zilla said...

damn that's def beat. you're missing 2 of my current favs.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel