Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, September 27, 2005



9.28 Shopping List

Silent Dragon and Losers are worth the trip...

DARK HORSE
BPRD THE BLACK FLAME #2 (OF 6) - #1 was a bit "meh" but i'm still down (in hellboy withdrawal currently).
REVELATIONS #2 (OF 6) - hate to say it since i love this creative team but the 2-issue rule is in effect.

DC
LOSERS #28 (MR) - Pull list.
SILENT DRAGON #3 (OF 6) - One of my absolute favorite reads at the moment (if not my favorite).

IMAGE
INVINCIBLE #26 - Pull list. Glad to see the HC got a second printing - i have yet to pick it up but will soon... next week?

MARVEL
CABLE DEADPOOL #20 - Pull list.
DEFENDERS #3 (OF 5) - Hey, it's entertaining me.
NEW AVENGERS #11 - Pull list.
SENTRY #1 (OF 8) - I guess the Sentry stuff in NA is just interesting enough (but barely) to give this one a spin.
WOLVERINE #33 - Pull list. #32 was friggin' phenomenal.
YOUNG AVENGERS #7 - Pull list.

OTHER
PREVIEWS VOL XV #10 - Isn't anticipation 3 months into the future fun?
WIZARD COMICS MAGAZINE SPIDER-MAN 3 CVR #169 - You suck but i'm your whore regardless.

NEXT WEEK
CONAN & THE DEMONS OF KHITAI #1 (OF 4), GOTHAM CENTRAL #36, INVINCIBLE VOL 1 ULTIMATE COLL HC, INCREDIBLE HULK #87, POWERS #13 (MR), PUNISHER #26 (MR), THOR BLOOD OATH #2 (OF 6).

Filed in:



6 Comments:

20 September, 2005 10:03, Blogger joncormier said...

Hey, I'm really liking Godland so you're not alone. I've dropped the New Avengers though. The Wrecker scene was cool and all, but I just felt like ... not...much...happened...ever.

Ah well, we can't love them all.

 
20 September, 2005 19:09, Blogger Greg said...

I also like Godland. It's all the rage!

 
27 September, 2005 15:19, Blogger Ryan X said...

Finally back after Rita, what a bunch of insanity that was. Ahem. I feel like I was responsible for the original jab at Godland many many posts ago. Since then there has been nothing but unadulterated slobbering over this title. Well, you all have sold me, I will be picking up #2 and #3 this week to give it another chance. Zilla, you are right on target with SD and Losers being the highlight of this week, Andy Diggle is the man (at least for the moment).

 
27 September, 2005 22:12, Blogger joejohn6094 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 
27 September, 2005 23:37, Blogger Ryan X said...

I hate these spam blogger bastards!

 
28 September, 2005 08:20, Blogger zilla said...

ha! you and me both ryan... we've been relatively free of them so far but maybe the dam is about to break :(

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel