Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, October 26, 2005



10.26 Shopping List

Yesterday was my birthday so today i really want some good comics (i expect everything to hit on my birthday week, feel me?). With Loveless and Fear Agent finally dropping, and a new Ferro City, Losers and SD? Wow - Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me :)

DARK HORSE
BPRD THE BLACK FLAME #3 (OF 6)
CONAN VOL 2 GOD I/T BOWL & OTHER STORIES TP - I missed half of these issues (they hit stands before i came "back" to comics) so i'm super, super excited about this TP.
USAGI YOJIMBO #88

DC
JACK CROSS #3 - Still not sure about this so i'm extending my 2 issue rule to 3.
LOSERS #29 (MR) - Pull list (forever).
LOVELESS #1 (MR) - Been waiting for what seems like ages for this and it's finally here - happy birthday. And Jonah Hex rounds out the westerns next week? Money.
SILENT DRAGON #4 (OF 6) - Pull list. #3 was a bit of a let down (but on second glance not as bad a one as i thought), so here's to #4 ripping it for me again.

IMAGE
FEAR AGENT #1 - Another title i've been waiting and waiting for. This one has got so much hype that it might be impossible to live up to - but shit, it'll still be good (if not great) watch. T Moore hookin' it.
FERRO CITY #3 - Pull list. It's ALWAYS a good week when Armstrong drops a new Ferro City on me.

MARVEL
DEFENDERS #4 (OF 5) - Pull list.
NEW AVENGERS #12 - Pull list.
SENTRY #2 (OF 8) - #1 was just interesting enough. I didn't hear/read much about it at all but i enjoyed it - the internal battle going on w/i Sentry is a very cool twist (and i always loved the Hulk ;)
WOLVERINE #35 - Pull list.
YOUNG AVENGERS #8 - Pull list.

OTHER
HERO AT LARGE #2 - Friends of Zilla's Jeremy and E Hogan drop #2 of their title.
SUPER F$$$$$S #2 (MR - Hey it's rude, crude and gratuitous but #1 was funny as hell (actually hell isn't very funny but you get what i'm saying). I'm in.

NEXT WEEK
CONAN & THE DEMONS OF KHITAI #2 (OF 4), DESOLATION JONES #4 (MR), JONAH HEX #1, WINTER MEN #3 (OF 8), HOUSE OF M #8 (OF 8), POWERS #14 (MR), PUNISHER #27 (MR), THOR BLOOD OATH #4 (OF 6), X-MEN COLOSSUS BLOODLINE #3 (OF 5)

Filed in:



3 Comments:

31 October, 2005 16:05, Blogger Ryan X said...

I am so late on these titles, but...

Fear Agent - Loved it, nuf said.
Jack Cross #3 - Didn't love it, this is going south quickly.

Still reading everything else this week.

Can't wait for the Losers TP, I haven't been able to read the latest flops because I missed 20-25. I am just dying to get caught up in this series.

 
03 November, 2005 11:36, Blogger Crisis! said...

Hero@Large #2 looked a LOT better than issue #1. :)

 
03 November, 2005 17:50, Blogger zilla said...

#2 is out? damn how did i miss that? i'll be picking that up ASAP.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel