Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, October 04, 2005



10.5 Shopping List

For the first time in a long while i still have left-over floppies from LAST week to dig through and this week's book day is already upon us. Next week looks a bit thin so maybe that's when i catch up (def looking forward to Ghost Rider #2 and Surrogates #2 tho).

DARK HORSE
CONAN & THE DEMONS OF KHITAI #1 (OF 4) - Ahhh well, i'm a sucker for most things Conan so i'll give this a check.
CONAN THE GOD IN THE BOWL AND OTHER STORIES HC - I'll prob wait for the softcover even though this will i'm sure be worth the HC price (someday i want to replace my V1 SC w/ a HC that's for sure).
USAGI YOJIMBO #87 - Pull list. Stan Sakai has been at this so damn long... and the UY adventures never run dry.

DC
GOTHAM CENTRAL #36 - Still trying to catch up via the trades but this is def a title worth reading so far.
V FOR VENDETTA NEW EDITION HC (MR) - Is this any good? One of the "classics" on my list to buy/read someday but haven't gotten around to it yet (better hurry before the movie ruins it).

IMAGE
FELL #2 $1.99 - #1 was solid. To be honest for 1.99 i'll buy this one until it really, really sucks (which is not now).

MARVEL
INCREDIBLE HULK #87 - Pull list.
MARVEL TEAM-UP #13 - Read my first ever Marvel Team-Up w/ #12 and dug it ('specially the art) so i'll pick this up.
POWERS #13 (MR) - Pull list. Finally completely caught up w/ Powers (bought and read all the trades and loved every one).
PUNISHER #26 (MR) - #25 was rock solid and a jumping on point for Punisher for me. I'm ready.
THOR BLOOD OATH #2 (OF 6) - #1 set the foundation for a great mini IMO.

OTHER
ATOMIKA #2 (OF 12) - Maybe.

NEXT WEEK
100 BULLETS #65 (MR), FABLES #42 (MR), CABLE DEADPOOL #21, GHOST RIDER #2 (OF 6), HOUSE OF M #7 (OF 8), ULTIMATE X-MEN #64, WOLVERINE #34, SURROGATES #2 (OF 5).

Filed in:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel