Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Saturday, October 22, 2005



Conan #21

I'm really diggin' on Busiek and Nord's Elephant Tower arc here in Conan. This second issue starts to get to the meat of the adventure as Conan teams up w/ the self-titled "Prince of Thieves" to infiltrate the mystical tower and steal the fabled Elephant Heart jewel. This "Prince of Thieves" is a pretty crafty guy - the kind of thief that steals something to steal something else.

There's a hardcore security system in this tower (as you might imagine) - complete w/ guards, lions, and giant spiders. We just know the meat-head Cimmerian is going to get his whup-ass on. Nord's art continues to impress (issue after issue after issue). B+.

Filed in:



1 Comments:

24 October, 2005 19:49, Blogger Ryan X said...

I couldn't agree more Zilla, this comic is great fun to read. If it hadn't been for a new WD, this would have been the top of the stack this last week.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel