Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Sunday, October 30, 2005



Loveless #1

2 for 2 so far today.

Loveless seems to be just what i've been looking for to get my western comic fix lately (and that's great news since i've been holding out a TON of hope for this title)...

We've got all the crucial elements so far: A Clint Eastwood-esque lead w/ a muddled military (civil war) past, a hard-core woman, a couple hog legs (and a dead-eye to go with), and bigger than one enemy establishment, and an overall hankerin' for trouble.

So far we've got a story about an ex-military man (dissed by the system in some way and harboring a major grudge) returning home after grizzly war service to find his house and land confiscated by Union troops. He's none to happy about that you can imagine. Fists and boot heels fly and heaters blaze.

Man i love westerns (i'm from Texas i think its genetic). I'm a big Azarello fan so i'll probably like this no matter where he takes it. A.



Filed in:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel