Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Friday, October 28, 2005



Stephen King and Marvel

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWesterns and/or Samurais just seem to be all the rage for me lately...

Believe it or not (since everyone else seems to have) i've never read Stephen King's Dark Tower series but a comic iteration might be just what i've needed ;)

We've got to wait until April of next year to get our hands on this but from the art alone in the preview pages i can tell this might be right up Zilla's alley (that sounds bad this morning for some reason).

Check out Jae Lee's preview pages and read a bit of light (very light) info over at Newsarama.



Filed in:



2 Comments:

31 October, 2005 11:50, Blogger Ryan X said...

This looks awesome! I am on the 4th volume of DT (Wizard and Glass) and am loving every word of it. It should translate beautifully to comics since the imagery is very cool throughout the series. Looking forward to this one for sure. I can't plug the DT series enough (of course I have been reading King since I was 12 years old).

 
31 October, 2005 15:29, Blogger zilla said...

yeah ryan i've been wanting to read this series for like 100 years but never got around to it... should i finally break down and pick up the first volume?

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel