Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, November 02, 2005



11.2 Shopping List

DC alone is doing it for me today (w/ D Jones, Jonah Hex #1, and Winter Men). Always hype about a new Powers issue too... Next week i'm looking forward to DMZ #1 and New Excalibur (nice cast) #1.

DARK HORSE
CONAN & THE DEMONS OF KHITAI #2 (OF 4) - #1 was just good enough.

DC
DESOLATION JONES #4 (MR) - Pull list.
JONAH HEX #1 - Been waiting patiently for this revival - hopefully they can pull it off and increase my western read pulls from 1 (Loveless) to 2.
WINTER MEN #3 (OF 8) (MR) - Pull list. Rock solid so far IMO.

IMAGE
INVINCIBLE VOL 5 FACTS OF LIFE TP - I've read all the issues in this TP but i'm grabbing it for my shelf.

MARVEL
HOUSE OF M #8 (OF 8) - Ugh. I've totally (TOTALLY) lost interest in HoM but i've come this far (even though #7 is still in my "to read" pile) i might as well finish it off.
MARVEL TEAM-UP #14 - Spidey and Invincible (and Kirkman). I'm in.
POWERS #14 (MR) - Pull list.
PUNISHER #27 (MR) - Pull list.
X-MEN COLOSSUS BLOODLINE #3 (OF 5) - Colossus is one of my all-time favorite X-Men for some reason and this mini has proven pretty interesting through 2 issues...

OTHER
PIRATE CLUB VOL 1 BRAINWASH ESCAPE VICTIMS TP - I always heard Pirate Club was can't miss even though i've managed to miss it all-together so far. Maybe i'll pick up this TP and check it out? Anyone around here recommend?
ROCKETO #3 - Pull list.

NEXT WEEK
100 BULLETS #66 (MR), DMZ #1 (MR), LOSERS CLOSE QUARTERS TP (MR), CABLE DEADPOOL #22, INCREDIBLE HULK #88, NEW EXCALIBUR #1, PULSE #12, THOR BLOOD OATH #4 (OF 6),

Filed in:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel