Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, November 29, 2005



11.30 Shopping List

Believe it or not i haven't been to the 'ole LCS in 3 friggin' weeks. My trip to Seattle (North Bend actually) was a blast... I powered through a bunch of TPs on the 5 hour flight there (Ronin, Invincible V4, Sin City V5, Losers V3, 100 Bullets V4 & V5, and most of a great "text-only" book i'm reading by George R.R. Martin, "A Feast for Crows"), but i'm way, way behind on my flops. This weeks trip to Pheonix Comics will be costly my friend... luckily the past few weeks have been kind of light wish lists for me (but things are picking up).

DARK HORSE
BPRD THE BLACK FLAME #4 (OF 6) - I'm really enjoying this... probably should have waited for the trade here but what the hey... i'm mini-series committed now.
USAGI YOJIMBO #89 - Pull list.

DC
LOSERS #30 (MR) - Pull list.
SILENT DRAGON #5 (OF 6) - So sad this one is coming to an end in just 2 issues! Here's to hoping this title goes somewhere (another mini at least).

IMAGE
FEAR AGENT #2 - Pull list. #1 was rock-solid IMO and i'm looking for big things from this title down the road...
FELL #3 - Pull list.
FERRO CITY #4 - Pull list... one of my favs.
PVP VOL 3 PVP RIDES AGAIN TP - Best reading for peaceful-alone-time-on-the-can out there.
WALKING DEAD VOL 4 HEARTS DESIRE TP (MR) - I've read all the flops in here but won't be able to resist getting this to re-read and then shelv for future re-reads.

MARVEL
INCREDIBLE HULK #89 - Pull list. Not sure if i'm too hype about the new crew running IH, but i'm a Hulk fan no matter what so i'll keep buying/reading/hoping.
NEW AVENGERS #13 - Pull list. This has felt a bit stale lately but for some reason i don't dare ditch it.
SENTRY #3 (OF 8) - I may be the only one out there - but i'm a fan. This mini has proved interesting to me so far. Gotta love inner-turmoil.
WOLVERINE #36 - Pull list.

OTHER
None :(

NEXT WEEK
JONAH HEX #2, Y THE LAST MAN #40 (MR), WALKING DEAD SCRIPT BOOK #1 (MR), MARVEL TEAM-UP #15, POWERS #15 (MR), PUNISHER #28 (MR), THOR BLOOD OATH #5 (OF 6), ULTIMATES 2 #9,

Filed in:



1 Comments:

29 November, 2005 15:22, Blogger James Meeley said...

Zilla:

You aren't alone in liking the Sentry mini-series. I've really been into it, as well. Like you, the inner-turmoil of the character is a wonder to behold.

Here's a guy who can do practically anything, yet he fears himself for that very same reason.

I think Sentry is one of the best new creations out of Marvel in YEARS. I just hope that Bendis keeps this intrigue about the character over in New Avengers.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel