Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, December 13, 2005



12.14 Shopping List

It's my first Christmas back reading comics in eons and i guess i had this feelig it would be more... spectacular. Aren't comic shops the same as every other shop in this country? I figured they'd be trying to unload some primo stuff on us this month... but my shopping list is kind of light this week AND next. Can't wait for the TWD HC though, and especially ansy for Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolvie next week. DMZ, Fear Agent and Ghost Rider isn't exactly a bad haul though - all things considered :)

DARK HORSE
SAMURAI HEAVEN & EARTH #5 (OF 5) - I'm putting this on my list as "notable" even though i'm waiting for the trade (which was due out long ago and we haven't even finished the flops).

DC
100 BULLETS #67 (MR) - Pull list. One of the most enjoyable series i ever read.
DMZ #2 (MR) - Def hype for #2 here... and didn't it seem to come out hot on the heels of #1? Nice.

IMAGE
BAD PLANET #1 (OF 6) - Can't remember why this title is stuck in my brain but it is... so what the heck right?
FEAR AGENT #2 - But of course. Wait didn't #2 already come out? Haven't i read it?
GROUNDED #4 (OF 6) - Enjoyable mini. Not much hype but a solid read.
WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC (MR) - One of my most anticipated xmas presents ;)

MARVEL
GHOST RIDER #4 (OF 6) - Doesn't seem to have a lot of fans but the art (and story) in this mini are friggin incredible IMO.
X-FACTOR #1 - What the hell.

OTHER
Nada :(

NEXT WEEK
INCREDIBLE HULK #90, ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK #1 (OF 6).

Filed in:



3 Comments:

13 December, 2005 21:54, Blogger Christopher Green said...

DC:
WILDCATS NEMESIS #4 (OF 9) - This series actually has very little to do with the Cats and seems to be focusing on Nemesis, a new character, and her history with Zealot.
Marvel:
GHOST RIDER #4 (OF 6) - Could be better, could be worse.
ULTIMATE IRON MAN #5 (OF 5) - It's finally ending now that I don't even give a shit about it anymore.

Small week.

 
15 December, 2005 09:20, Blogger Num104 said...

I've been told by the owner of my LCSs that this time of year is usually slow in comics. It does seem a little strange, but the last couple months have actually been fairly light for me.

 
15 December, 2005 09:23, Blogger zilla said...

isn't that strange though? i mean you would expect to see the publishing houses rushing to get huge, wonderful HCs out by the holidays etc. wonder why the comics industry is immune to this kind of holiday sales/marketing bonanza?

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel