Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, December 06, 2005



12.7 Shopping List

I'm so far behind at the moment i'm only about halfway through the humongous stack i picked up last week and it's already time to hit the shop again. No matter - let the pile grow! it cannot (will not) defeat me! I'm not sure if this is a sign of something "bigger" or not, but i'm losing interest in mainstream super-hero comics by the month it seems... All my core Marvel and DC super-hero reads go immediately to the bottom of my stack of "to read"s each week. Bad sign.

DARK HORSE
CONAN & THE DEMONS OF KHITAI #3 (OF 4) - Not all that happy w/ this but i'm a sucker for Conan (too much of one evidently).

DC
JONAH HEX #2 - Pull list.
TEAM ZERO #1 (OF 6 - A "6-issue tale of heroism and bloodshed" set in 1945? I'm in.
Y THE LAST MAN #40 - Pull list.

IMAGE
IMAGE COMICS HOLIDAY SP 2005 - Happy Holidays?
SPAWN #151 - First Spawn comic i ever read (seriously) was #150 and i enjoyed the hell out of it (no pun intended). I'm def in for 151 (the comic not the super-strong liquor).
WALKING DEAD SCRIPT BOOK #1 - What is a "script book" exactly? All words?

MARVEL
POWERS #15 - Pull list (4 ever).
PUNISHER #28 - Pull list.
THOR BLOOD OATH #5 (OF 6) - This will make one heck of a good mini IMO. I'm a Thor junkie anyways for some reason unexplained.
ULTIMATES 2 #9 - Pull list. So, so, sooooooo sad Marvel's changing the creative team here - they're a match made in heaven for this title.

OTHER
SURROGATES #3 (OF 5) - Loving this. This is one of those books that just gets me thinking (a lot). Another one that will be a great mini for the 'ole collection.

NEXT WEEK
SAMURAI HEAVEN & EARTH TP, 100 BULLETS #67 (MR), DMZ #2 (MR), WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC (MR), GHOST RIDER #4 (OF 6), and ATOMIKA #5 (OF 12)

Filed in:



3 Comments:

07 December, 2005 09:55, Blogger Ryan X said...

Ditto on the Super Hero genre, no draw for me either. Glad you mentioned Team Zero, that looks awesome! Lastly, who is psyched for DMZ #2? Can't wait.

 
07 December, 2005 13:43, Blogger zilla said...

personally i loved DMZ. i'm pretty sure i'll like this title so yeah i'm def hype about #2 :)

 
07 December, 2005 14:43, Blogger Christopher Green said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the creative team for Ultimates 3. Jeph Loeb and Joe Mad are awesome, although be warned, with Joe Mad on pencils, there's a good chance this book with be delayed to hell.

I think the problem with you and super hero books is, you don't read the right ones.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel