Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, January 24, 2006



1.25 Shopping List

It's a GODLAND extravoganza. #7's out as well as the first TP (which i think covers #1-6?). The new POWERS HC is about the only other thing got me excited for book day tomorrow (been waiting on that bad boy for a long time now)... Next week looks better tho.

DARK HORSE
BPRD THE BLACK FLAME #6 (OF 6) - Good mini but i should have read it as a TP.
STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC #1 - First of 2 new SW titles this year... will either of them be any good? I'm willing to try a couple of issues...
USAGI YOJIMBO #90 - Pull list.

DC
None :(

IMAGE
GODLAND #7 - Pull list. Brings me back to the olden days of comics... Casey's tongue-in-cheek humor and over-the-top cosmic action adventure just seems to do it for me (well).
GODLAND VOL 1 HELLO COSMIC TP
SPAWN #152 - Wait did SPAWN reboot at #150 or #151? I read the reboot issue and enjoyed it (first Spawn comic i ever read)... but did i miss an issue in between that and this one?

MARVEL
NEW AVENGERS #15 - Was so, so, so close to dropping this before last issue got me interested again (as boring as it was).
POWERS VOL 1 HC (RES) (MR) - FINALLY! Been waiting for this one since it's first scheduled release back in Oct. looking forward to putting this on the shelf, after reading through the first year of Powers once more for old times sake ;)
THING #3 - Pull list. Surprisingly entertaining (even though in an ironic twist i can't wait to get past the current arc, which happens to be the first).

OTHER
None :(

NEXT WEEK
BATMAN AND THE MONSTER MEN #4 (OF 6), TEAM ZERO #3 (OF 6), Y THE LAST MAN #42 (MR), INVINCIBLE #28, POWERS #16 (MR), PUNISHER #30 (MR), PUNISHER #30 (MR), X-FACTOR #3,

Filed in:



7 Comments:

24 January, 2006 18:43, Blogger Christopher Green said...

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC #1 - I'm a fan of the first KOTOR game, and Travis Charest is doing covers for this series!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS RECHARGE #4 - God I can't wait for this mini to end.

DAREDEVIL #81 - Final Bendis/Maleev issue.

NEW AVENGERS #15 - I don't expect to be reading this much longer.

PULSE #13 - Should be my final issue.

SPIDER-MAN BLACK CAT EVIL THAT MEN DO #6 - Last issue of the mini, three years later.

WOLVERINE #38 - Just reading it for the current arc.

X-MEN DEADLY GENESIS #3 - Haven't been disappointed yet.

METAL GEAR SOLID SONS OF LIBERTY #3 - Still haven't even picked up issue two yet.

 
24 January, 2006 19:55, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Zilla,
Followed your link over from Image Forums. I like what you're doing. It's interesting to see your reviews for the same books I missed while not reading comics for a few years like Preacher. One I haven't been reading but am interested in is Powers. I think I'm going to put in an order for a few trades and try out Vol. 1. I enjoy most of the books you have on your current pull list so I figured our tastes must be somewhat similar.

 
24 January, 2006 19:56, Blogger zilla said...

CellarDoor - Powers is the shit man... I love that book. The Vol.1 HC covers the entire first year (11 issues i think) so that might be a good place to start... even though IMO, the series really gets going around the 4th or 5th trade (so be sure and give it a long look no matter your early opinions).

PS thanks for coming by man... drop some comments when you have them - i love to read what you guys have to say...

 
24 January, 2006 19:57, Blogger zilla said...

Uncensored - How's Pulse these days? The absolute best comic recommendation you ever gave me was to read Alias... I friggin' loved that run for some reason (even though i rarely like female leads for some reason). I can't wait for the forthcoming Alias HC. Hype.

 
25 January, 2006 02:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spawn's reboot was after issue 150 when Brian Holguin and Angel Medina left and the team of David Hine and Philip Tan took over.

 
25 January, 2006 04:03, Blogger Christopher Green said...

I jumped onto the Pulse with issue 11 because it had Michael Gaydos returning to the character of Jessica Jones. The series itself is alright, but it lacks the atmosphere of Alias (which is understandable, since Jessica's life is completely different), and ultimate isn't as interesting.

The entire arc so far (past two issues) hasn't really been about Jessica Jones all that much, it's about her being in labour, but most of what is going on is Ben Urich (investigative reporter for the Daily Bugle, Daredevil supporting character) is investigating a series of crime fighting/robberies by a character that is being mistaken as Daredevil, but actually ends up being this D-grade hero named D-Man.

The following issue after this is the final issue by Bendis and Gaydos, with a new creative team taking over. I'll be dropping it after they leave.

 
26 January, 2006 08:46, Blogger zilla said...

hmmmm... i think i'll stick to my very fond Alias memories. can't wait to re-read that piece when the HC comes out...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel