Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, January 26, 2006



Good RK Interview...

Good RK interview at Silver Bullet Comics if anyone's interested... Here's some Zilla highlights:
A lot of people don’t know this but before my family moved to Kentucky I lived in Cleveland, Ohio... and I actually lived up the street from the kid who would become Brian Michael Bendis. Our families were friends with each other and he actually used to baby sit me from time to time. He was like an older brother to me. Our families kept in touch after the move. I was in high school when he started doing Jinx and his other books at Caliber. I wasn’t planning on going to college or anything after high school and he seemed to be having fun doing this comic stuff and I had always LOVED comics so I figured I’d give it a shot. Brian ended up helping me out a little along the way and even ghost wrote much of Battle Pope (although that’s not really common knowledge). He’s a great guy.
I know this is going to sound like a bullshit answer but I always kinda wanted to be an astronaut.
My dream cast? Mel Gibson as Omni-Man and Michael Sera from Arrested Development as Mark... if he could do the action stuff. Him or the kid from that movie The Squid and the Whale who kinda looks like him. That kid was a great actor.
Very soon, though... I hope to branch out into comics that are neither zombie books... or superhero books.
I’d love to do a run on The Incredible Hulk with Ed McGuinness.
What books are you into right now?

Desolation Jones, Y The Last Man, Fell, Girls, G0dland, Noble Causes, PVP, Savage Dragon, Sea of Red, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimates, Daredevil, New Avengers, Runaways, Captain America, She-Hulk, Powers... and tons of others. I think Ex Machina is my favorite book right now. It’s really kick ass.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel