Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, January 26, 2006



January 25

Today was a huge haul at the comic shop, emptied out my box (which had a bunch of issues left over from previous weeks), in fact there’s so much I don’t really have time to review each and every one of them (and given the readership of this blog, most of you probably don’t give a shit about 90% of the titles I read anyway), so I’m just going to list what I bought, and have everyone tell me which issues out of the following list you’d like to see reviews written for--and I’ll get to it when I have some free time, I need the practice since I’m planning on going to university later this year.

NEW AVENGERS #15 [Marvel]
DAREDEVIL #81 [Marvel]
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #26 [Marvel]
GHOST RIDER #5 (OF 6) [Marvel]
GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #4 (OF 5) [DC]
MASTERS OF HORROR #1 [IDW]
METAL GEAR SOLID: SONS OF LIBERTY #0, 2, 3 [IDW]
THE PULSE #13 [Marvel]
THE PUNISHER #29 [Marvel]
RUNES OF RAGNAN #1 (OF 4) [Silent Devil]
SHE-HULK #4 [Marvel]
SILENT HILL: DEAD ALIVE #2 (OF ?) [IDW]
SPIDER-MAN/BLACK CAT: THE EVIL THAT MEN DO #5 & 6 (OF 6) [Marvel]
SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN #2 (OF 5) [Marvel]
STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC #1 [Dark Horse]
THE WALKING DEAD #25 [Image]
WILDCATS: NEMESIS #5 (OF 9) [DC]
WOLVERINE #37 & 38 [Marvel]
X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS #3 (OF 6) [Marvel]



3 Comments:

26 January, 2006 08:49, Blogger zilla said...

hey now! i give a shit about at least 50% (if not more) of the comics on this list. I didn't get a chance to make my LCS run yet this week so i'm living vicariously through you at the moment (prob won't get there until tomorrow). at the very least let me know your thoughts on that new star wars title (i wouldn't mind hearing what you think about the new TWD, Wolverine, NA, Punisher, either...)

 
26 January, 2006 20:37, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

For what it's worth, I'd be interested in seeing reviews for New Avengers, Masters of Horror, Star Wars, Walking Dead, and X-Men: Deadly Genesis.

 
26 January, 2006 21:40, Blogger zilla said...

there you go U - you got your work cut out for you... let us know what you think about that new star wars comic first and foremost - i'm real curious about that one...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel