Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, January 19, 2006



The Walking Dead #25

Well damn... As rare is it is for me to say i'm disappointed in an issue of TWD, i gotta admit i'm feeling a bit let down by this milestone issue. After all, it was Kirkman who brought us a double-sized (and very good) Invincible #25, packed with some very cool TP-worthy extras (brief histories of some of the comics uber-cool B-level characters). Unfortunately TWD #25 was well... just another issue.

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing really WRONG with this months TWD (I got my money's worth), it's just that i was expecting a double-sized (even though this was never the plan as far as i know), and any TWD fan knows the anticipation that's been swirling around this issue ever since the cover was released months ago (image below). Rampant speculation about just who these dudes in S.W.A.T gear were and/or what role they were going to play just about choked Walking Dead forums around the net. Turns out all that was a bit unwarranted my friends.

I won't give much more away since it's only thursday (and this book came out yesterday)... but let's leave it saying i'm putting #25 behind me and looking ahead to #26 (RK at least gave us a nice cliff-hangie). C+.

PS - I was reading the letter columns (which are always good and lengthy in TWD BTW) and realized that i'm not the only fan who thinks this title has been coasting for a few issues (and these letters were from back around #22 keep in mind). It's been a long while now since the Zombies (once central to the story) had much of anything to do with anything.

I'm not going to complain (too much) though, since i HAVE enjoyed the run since our merry band holed up in the prison (even the action-less drama), but i'm definitely ready for some Zombie action and/or the introduction of a new character or 3. Hook it up Kirkzilla.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel