Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, February 14, 2006



2.15 Shopping List

Conan and Goon are worth the trip alone tomorrow. I still can't believe Losers is done (this IS the last issue right Guy?). Next week Astonishing X-Men finally returns and i'm pretty hype about Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #2. I ordered a boat load of books off instocktrades.com this week too so i'll have a nice tall pile again (after finally starting to dwindle over the last month or so).

DARK HORSE
CONAN #25 (MR) - Pull list. Busiek is wrapping up his run w/ the book and making way for a 3 issue (i think 3 issue) Mignola and Nord arc.
GOON #16 - Pull list. I friggin' love Goon.

DC
LOSERS #32 (MR) - Supposedly this is the last Losers issue (correct me if i'm wrong here)... that just plain sucks.
LOVELESS #4 (MR) - Pull list.
SGT ROCK THE PROPHECY #2 (OF 6) - #1 wasn't all that for me but the 2 issue rule is in effect. Still have high hopes.

IMAGE
None.

MARVEL
NEW AVENGERS #16 - Pull list. Just when i started to think NA was in the toilet, the last few issues have rekindled my interest.

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
USAGI YOJIMBO #91, ASTONISHING X-MEN #13, SENTRY #6 (OF 8), THING #4, ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK #2 (OF 6), and WOLVERINE #39.

Filed in:



5 Comments:

14 February, 2006 16:14, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Sadly, yes, it's the end of the road for The Losers. :-(

 
14 February, 2006 17:45, Blogger Ryan X said...

That really blows! Sadly, I was right when I speculated on this a little while ago. Bummer.

 
14 February, 2006 19:04, Blogger Christopher Green said...

New arc, new creative team... Now is the perfect time to jump onto Daredevil!

 
15 February, 2006 09:07, Blogger zilla said...

Uncensored - who are we going from (and to) on Daredevil in terms of creative team? should i start here or go back and pick up a trade (if so which one... even though i know you've recommended me a starting spot once before).

thx boss.

 
15 February, 2006 09:08, Blogger zilla said...

ps i think i'm kind of hype on daredevil after reading yellow... that seriously might have been my frist daredevil comic ever (since i've been back for sure).

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel