Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, February 21, 2006



2.22 Shopping List

Not much this week but i'll haul my ass over there for the new Astonishing X-Men and Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk alone. New issues of Ex Machina, Fear Agent, Ultimates, X-Factor, and Next Wave next week (now that's a week to look forward to if you're me!). Hype.

DARK HORSE
THE ART OF USAGI YOJIMBO TP - Every comic fan should have this on their coffee table...
USAGI YOJIMBO #91 - AND be reading this via the flops or the many, many great TPs.

DC
WARLORD #1 - Hmmmmm. I may not even buy this but the ads have caught my eye so i'll at least give it the 'ole flip through.

IMAGE
None.

MARVEL
ASTONISHING X-MEN #13 - The return of my favorite X-Men title (finally!). Here's to hoping they can pick back up the magic after such a long break.
SENTRY #6 (OF 8) - Pull list. Great, under-appreciated mini.
THING #4 - No idea why i'm buying this issue after issue... except that it's a simple, fun read.
ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK #2 (OF 6) - Cool. Love me some Yu.
WOLVERINE #39 - Pull list... Waiting for Ramos.

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
HELLBOY MAKOMA #2 (OF 2), EX MACHINA #18 (MR), TEAM ZERO #4 (OF 6), Y THE LAST MAN #43 (MR), BATTLE POPE COLOR #5 (MR), FEAR AGENT #3, MARVEL TEAM-UP #18, NEXT WAVE #2, PUNISHER #31 (MR), ULTIMATES 2 #10, and X-FACTOR #4.

Filed in:



3 Comments:

22 February, 2006 02:51, Blogger Christopher Green said...

ASTONISHING X-MEN #13
SUPERGIRL #5
ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS HULK #2
WILDCATS STREET SMART TP

Light week, but I'm intentionally cutting back so I can afford more trades.

 
22 February, 2006 16:17, Blogger Ryan X said...

Light week for me too. More time to catch up on Powers, ordering TP #5 in a few minutes, so friggin good. Bow down to the almighty Zilla and his recommendations :).

 
22 February, 2006 20:07, Blogger zilla said...

dude you guys have steered me to more good stuff than i've recommended for you... no doubt.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel