Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, February 07, 2006



2.8 Shopping List

DMZ, Invincible, and the final issue to what's been one of my favorite mini's of the year; Ghost Rider. For once i may actually get to the LCS on book day tomorrow (and not Thursday or Friday). Hype!

PS If anyone has anything to add to these lists every week - def comment. I'd like to strike up a conversation about what's being released so i'm not missing any gems... thx.

DARK HORSE
None.

DC
100 BULLETS #69 (MR) - Pull list.
DMZ #4 (MR) - Pull list.
JONAH HEX #4 - Not sure about this one... I'll have to thumb through it i guess. Not that JH is bad really, just isn't quite doing it for me.

IMAGE
INVINCIBLE #28 - Pull list. Seems like its been a while... Looking forward to this.

MARVEL
ARES #2 (OF 5) - 2 issue rule in effect.
GHOST RIDER #6 (OF 6) - Looking for a great ending to a GREAT mini. Can't wait for the trade.
POWERS VOL 9 PSYCHOTIC TP (MR) - Pull list.
ULTIMATE X-MEN #67 - Now that RK is on board i'm back w/ Ultimate X-Men (after just ditching it). Hope it's worth the comeback.

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
LOSERS #32 (MR), LOVELESS #4, SGT ROCK THE PROPHECY #2 (OF 6), and NEW AVENGERS #16.

Filed in:



4 Comments:

08 February, 2006 13:37, Blogger Ryan X said...

Is Losers about to end in the next issue? On the Vertigo website they typically show cover art for the next 3-4 issues. Losers stops with the Feb issue. If you have heard anything, let me know. Late.

 
08 February, 2006 21:11, Blogger zilla said...

i hadn't heard that... but i'd be pissed. say it ain't so!

 
10 February, 2006 09:58, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Yes, The Losers is done with #32. Always was a finite series, though despite Diggle's comments to the contrary, I think it ended up being shortened by a few issues due to pathetically low sales of the floppies. I'm guessing it was a few of those side story one-shots that got cut out while they allowed him to wrap up the main story.

It's been one of my favorites from its first issue, and I'm looking forward to the movie!

 
10 February, 2006 10:16, Blogger zilla said...

well that blows... i've really enjoyed this title from the first issue and to be honest i've been looking forward to the next arc (after we finish this current business w/ max) but in vain i guess...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel