Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, February 28, 2006



3.1 Shopping List

Huge week... lot's of good stuff.

Work is lightening up again finally (after a brutal week last week) and my wife's birthday is behind us so i'm planning on getting back to comics w/ some of my now abundant (ha!) free time.

Did however get a chance to read Batman: The Long Halloween and Oeming's Blood River over the weekend (enjoyed and will review both here soon...).

DARK HORSE
HELLBOY MAKOMA #2 (OF 2) - Grand opening, grand closing. Gotta love 2 issue mini's. I'm HB starved though so i'm not complaining... These stories are better kept short anyways IMO.

DC
EX MACHINA #18 (MR) - Pull list. Feels like a long, long time since the last one of these (even though i don't think it was REALLY that long). Great title tho.
TEAM ZERO #4 (OF 6) - Hanging on...
Y THE LAST MAN #43 (MR) - Pull list (tiring).

IMAGE
BATTLE POPE COLOR #5 (MR) - Pull list.
FEAR AGENT #3 - Finally #3! Don't let this title die plz...
GODLAND #8 - Pull list. Love how this title reminds me of the old Silver Surfer cosmic adventures i enjoyed as a kid...

MARVEL
MARVEL TEAM-UP #18 - Pull list.
NEXT WAVE #2 - I really, really enjoyed the first issue of Next Wave. Been anxious for #2.
PUNISHER #31 (MR) - Pull list. New arc.
ULTIMATES 2 #10 - Pull list. Wish these came out more often... My favorite team book (by far) since i've been back into comics.
X-FACTOR #4 - One of my favorite new Marvel books of the year...

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
EXTERMINATORS #3 (MR), FABLES #47 (MR), and POWERS #17 (MR).

Filed in:



1 Comments:

28 February, 2006 14:38, Blogger Ryan X said...

Z, psyched for your review of The Long Halloween, I have considered picking that up a number of times in the last few weeks. FEAR AGENT makes this week a great week, love it. Oh, and I am back on the Godland bandwagon after reading the TP in one sitting, really digging it big time. Late.
p.s. Hope your wife doesn't read this: "...wife's birthday is behind us" :)

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel