Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, February 02, 2006



Humberto Ramos on Wolverine?

Yeah, yeah, i know that Ramos is one of those guys you either love or hate (his style is a bit cartoony for some) but personally i love the guy. Marvel's putting him on Wolverine w/ a little known writer (to me at least) named Marc Guggenheim. Ramos is 1/2 of a great team w/ Jenkins (Spectacular Spider-Man and more recently Revelations) and i gotta say it's too bad they didn't pull Jenk onto Wolverine w/ Ramos instead of this other guy (no offense - really!)... Those two together are just kick-ass IMO.

Hmmmm. i just ditched Wolvie a few issues ago - i guess i'll have to give the title another shot, hoping Ramos can work some of that old Spec Spidey magic w/ Wolverine. What do you guys think?

--- LINK ---



5 Comments:

02 February, 2006 11:41, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Well, I'm still reading Wolverine, so it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

Ramos' artowrk is ok, I'm not sure if i feel like it fits for what i think a Wolverine book should be. I do agree that I'd like to have Paul jenkins on at least one of the Wolverine books, preferably Wolverine:Origins.

 
02 February, 2006 15:57, Blogger zilla said...

yeah i'm not 100% about him on Wolverine (even though i'm a HUGE Ramos fan) but his work on Spec Spidey gives me some confidence (didn't seem right for that either but it was a GREAT run w/ Jenkins IMO). And his recent work on Revelations shows he can put his style to a dark, brooding, thriller type story and make it work...

 
03 February, 2006 01:46, Anonymous Comicfreak said...

This will be my first Wolverine comics ever.
I'm buying most of Ramos' comics, so i'm buying this.

 
03 February, 2006 08:43, Blogger zilla said...

i'm w/ you man... i own all of Ramos' Spec Spidey books, and can't wait to get my hands on the Revelation trade (anyone heard anything about that yet?).

 
06 February, 2006 01:51, Anonymous Comicfreak said...

Zilla,

The last issue af Revelation has just been released. I'm thinking that there will be a trade but that it's gonna take a few months.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel