Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, March 21, 2006



3.15 Shopping List

Marvel explosion this week. Def hype for a new Nextwave, Daredevil (which i just started w/ last issue), Ares, and X-Factor. New Gun Fu (Image) is a surprise but i LOVE me some Gun Fu (see my review of the first trade HERE).

DARK HORSE
None.

DC
LOVELESS #5 (MR) - Still w/ Loveless but Azarello might be losing me... that'd be sad though - i need a good western comic to look forward to.
SGT ROCK THE PROPHECY #3 (OF 6) - Not bad.

IMAGE
GUN FU SHOWGIRLS ARE FOREVER #1 - Action packed, oft-hilarious, jackie-chan/jet li style kung-fu intelligence agent... book. if you enjoyed Hysteria you should be reading Gun Fu.

MARVEL
ARES #3 (OF 5) - Picked up big time in #2. Hype.
CAPTAIN AMERICA #16 - Couldn't stop reading about this so picked up the first trade a couple weeks ago... Brubaker is fast becoming a fav of mine.
DAREDEVIL #83 - Brubaker took over last issue, and though it was the first Daredevil comic i EVER read, i loved it. Enough to go back and start on catching up via trades (thanks Uncensored). Picked up Bendis and Maleev's second HC and enjoyed it mucho.
INCREDIBLE HULK #93 - Planet Hulk continues...
NEW AVENGERS #17 - Pull list.
NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #3 - I friggin' LOVE this comic. One of my favorite reads lately.
SILVER SURFER REBIRTH OF THANOS TP - Been waiting on this a LONG time. I've had zero current Silver Surfer since i've been back. Hopefully this was good.
X-FACTOR #5 - Another one of my highly anticipated reads lately... Sook's leaving soon (pissed!).

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
USAGI YOJIMBO #92, SENTRY #7 (OF 8), and THING #5.

Filed in:



2 Comments:

21 March, 2006 20:02, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Based on your reviews alone, I'm going to get the inevitable TPB for NextWave. By the way, got the books you mailed out, thanks! Between those and two orders from In Stock Trades within the last three weeks, I've got a nice stack of reading material.

 
21 March, 2006 20:38, Blogger zilla said...

hope you like Nextwave as much as i have so far... and yeah NP on the books. i pretty much LOVED Ultimates and Hush so i'm confident you'll have a great time w/ those... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel