Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, March 28, 2006



3.15 Shopping List

Best thing to come out today is the Alias Omnibus (been anticipating this since it was announced), but there are some other gems in here for sure. Can't wait to read the final Surrogates issue, and a new All-Star Superman (not to mention new Invincible, TWD, and Godland :)

DARK HORSE
USAGI YOJIMBO #92 - As long as Stan keeps writing these i'll keep buying them... Just finished re-reading the 3rd trade and may drop some overall UY thoughts here soon...

DC
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #3 - Great book. Highly anticipated by me.

IMAGE
GODLAND #9 - Pull list.
INVINCIBLE #30 - Last issue was very, very good. Seems like it was only released yesterday too... RK's on a roll.
WALKING DEAD #27 (MR) - See above.

MARVEL
ALIAS OMNIBUS - Been anxiously anticipating this bad boy. I've read the entire Alias run but it was a long time ago (and i own none of them). Gotta thank Uncensored again for turning me onto this great title. Some of Bendis best work by far (he managed to take a relatively uninteresting character and turn her into a great read).
SENTRY #7 (OF 8) - Pull list. One of the best Marvel mini's of the year.
THING #5 - Pull list. Nothing special about this book really but i like it ;)

OTHER
BANANA SUNDAY TP (MR) - Maybe. I remember hearing good things about this during it's run... Anyone?
SURROGATES #5 (OF 5) - Conclusion issue to a great, great mini in 2005. This is one i'll def be buying in trade to re-read.

NEXT WEEK
EX MACHINA #19 (MR), EX MACHINA VOL 3 FACT V FICTION TP (MR), EXTERMINATORS #4 (MR), WINTER MEN #4 (OF 8), MARVEL TEAM-UP #19, MOON KNIGHT #1, PUNISHER #32 (MR),

Filed in:



4 Comments:

28 March, 2006 12:58, Anonymous Dave Carter said...

Banana Sunday: Best miniseries of 2005. I also reviewed the first issue.

Zilla: I'll make you an offer: If you buy Banana Sunday and end up not liking it, I will buy your copy from you.

 
28 March, 2006 14:39, Blogger zilla said...

it's a deal partner.

 
28 March, 2006 14:40, Blogger zilla said...

ps i love your 2005 list... i hit your blog regularly but must have missed it somehow...

 
29 March, 2006 18:31, Anonymous Dave Carter said...

You got it. Let us know when you've read it... (I have a feeling that my $12 is safe!)

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel