Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Friday, March 24, 2006



3.24 Panel

I don't know how many of you watch college basketball, but last night was one of the most thrilling single nights in the NCAA Tournament this year. Duke lost, ending J.J. Reddick's amazing career on a night where he couldn't find the bucket, UCLA came back from 17 down (thoroughly dominated by Gonzaga most of the game) and won in the final minutes, and best of all, my beloved Longhorns hit a buzzer-beater w/ 0.8 seconds left to beat the gun-slinging Mountaineers (after a miraculous 3-pointer of their own w/ 5 seconds left to tie the game). I could hardly sleep.

Oh baby!



2 Comments:

24 March, 2006 10:13, Blogger Ryan X said...

Last night was amazing Z, college hoops is the best! Congrats to your Horns for pulling out a great last second win. Of course Gonzaga killed my bracket by folding like a cheap tent in the last 5 minutes...and then crying about it. Later.

 
24 March, 2006 12:55, Blogger zilla said...

yeah Gonzage friggin' blew it my friend. and that UT game... i thought pittsnogle had cornholed us (didn't like our chances in overtime the way WVU was shooting there at the end) even with tissue jammed up his nose. thank God for paulino's miracle shot on a night where the horns couldn't buy a 3-pt. bucket.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel