Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, March 22, 2006



And there came a day, a day unlike any other...

On this day last year, after debating over it for about two months, I decided to make a trip to the local comic store for the first time in a few years. On that day, I bought Ultimate Iron Man #1, Marvel Knights Spider-Man #10 & 11, and Marvel Must Haves 25: New Avengers 1-3. I was back into comics on a trial basis, I said I'd give myself four months and if I wasn't back into them by then, I'd give them up forever. Here we are now, one year later, and I'm spending more and more on them each month. In fact, I'm spending too much now.


To "celebrate" this, I exported my collection database to htlm so I could share it with the readers of this blog. It's not a big collection compared to many others, but it's a start.

Click Here to view my collection.



1 Comments:

22 March, 2006 22:23, Blogger zilla said...

sweet dude. i've got all my trades and HCs in "Book Collector". Wonder if i can do an export...

PS i'm with you man - i think we started back around the same time... and i'm more dedicated than every here about 15 months later ;)

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel