Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, March 23, 2006



Daredevil #83

Wow. Foggy's really dead (i mean really?)?. After #82 i totally expected him to land in the hospital, but the morgue? Gotta love the Brubaker shake-up.

Murdock's not taking it well (obviously) and get's his silent wish to be moved to gen-pop at Rykers in order to exact some best-served-cold revenge.

I'm way back in HC Vol. 2 (issues in the 30s) catching up w/ Bendis and Maleev's run, but i gotta say that Brubaker is doing a great job so far taking over the reigns. The guys managed to take 2 characters i previously cared zilch about (Daredevil and Captain America) and really turn me on to them...

It was all over when...



2 Comments:

23 March, 2006 12:14, Anonymous cmoney said...

Bendis owned Daredevil. His run is at least as good as, maybe better, than Miller's famous run. Thank god they gave it over to someone like Bru, because very few could follow up a run like BMB's without disappointing.

 
24 March, 2006 00:29, Blogger Christopher Green said...

Glad to see I've converted you, zilla!

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel