Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, April 18, 2006



3.15 Shopping List

Got my books late last week so didn't get around to reviewing everything i wanted to. Suffice it to say i loved D Jones #6 (did review that), and Batman Year 100 contiues to impress. I'll def be buying the trade of this one. Black Gas is "mature" to say the least (reminds me of a nice rated R horror flik) but entertaining, and i'm still enjoying the heck out of DMZ. Hell even the new Loveless (which i had just about given up on) got a bit interesting w/ #6 (finally).

DARK HORSE
CONAN #27 (MR) - Pull list.
CONAN BOOK OF THOTH #2 (OF 4) - Don't usually pick up the Conan mini's but i'm feeling soon-to-be abandoned by Busiek so wanted to double up on his Conan while i can... Pretty good start even though there was no Conan in #1.
GOON #17 - Pull list. Always a fun week when i gets me a new Goon.

DC
EX MACHINA SPECIAL #1 (OF 2) (MR) - I'm a sucker for Ex Machina so i'll be buying this... is it a reprint story or a new one??
SGT ROCK THE PROPHECY #4 (OF 6) - Pull list. Not great but good... i'm pot committed (for you poker fans) to this mini so i guess i'm in till the end...

IMAGE
None.

MARVEL
CAPTAIN AMERICA #17 - Pull list (Brubaker is one of my new fav writers).
DAREDEVIL #84 - Pull list (See above).
NEW AVENGERS #18 - Pull list.
NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #4 - One of my FAVORITES right now. Can't wait.
WOLVERINE ORIGINS #1 - I guess... What i'm really hype for is Wolverine #42 w/ Ramos.

OTHER
None.

NEXT WEEK
USAGI YOJIMBO #93, 100 BULLETS VOL 9 STRYCHNINE LIVES TP (MR), ASTONISHING X-MEN #14, SENTRY #8 (OF 8), THING #6, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #29, and X-FACTOR #6.

Filed in:



4 Comments:

18 April, 2006 19:51, Anonymous Dave Carter said...

"is it a reprint story or a new one??"

New story--a flashback to The Great Machine's super-hero days.

Plus, different artist: Chris Sprouse.

 
18 April, 2006 19:58, Blogger zilla said...

i'm def 'bout it then. it's a 2-parter too i think... ex machina is such a stellar comic - i hope vaughn can keep it strong (and interesting).

 
18 April, 2006 22:58, Blogger Rob H said...

Agreed. Ex Machina kicks arse. According to BKV the mini should be in the next trade so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mate, Loveless isn't doing it for you? I loves me a Spaghetti Western. Still hanging out for the first trade.

 
18 April, 2006 23:10, Blogger zilla said...

rob - i LOVE spaghetti western's too partner... that's why i've stuck w/ Loveless so long even after a disappointing start. it's rounding into shape though (IMO) with the last couple of issues... azzarello will not let us down once he gets in the groove (i hope).

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel