Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, April 25, 2006



3.15 Shopping List

Book day is upon us once again. Not a whole lot this week (i'm trying to cut back on monthlies after our rousing pros/cons of flops vs. TPs discussion here last week AND the fact that my TP wish list has grown about 10-fold in the last few days).

100 BULLETS VOL 9 STRYCHNINE LIVES TP (MR) - I'm reading this great series by TP only so i've been eagerly anticipating this... hard to believe after 8 friggin' trades i'm not the least bit sick of 100 Bullets.
GODLAND #10 - Fun.
INVINCIBLE #31 - I wasn't sure Invincible could get any better about 5 issues ago (thinking it might have peaked even?)... then i read the last few.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #14 - Glad this is back; here's to hoping they can keep it regular.
SENTRY #8 (OF 8) - I've enjoyed this little heralded mini so much i almost hate to see it end. I can't WAIT to read this in it's entirety in a sitting or 2. i feel like i've missed some details along the way...
THING #6 - This is one of those comics i keep buying though there's no concrete reason why. It's just a fun read for me. Plus i love how Grimm wears clothes like a normal person (even changing outfits in-issue) and not his "superhero garb" everywhere he goes.
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #29 - I've only been w/ UFF for a few issues (the last few) but i'm digging it so far...
X-FACTOR #6 - Pull list. Might just be my favorite "team" book at the moment...

NEXT WEEK
EXTERMINATORS #5 (MR), MARVEL TEAM-UP #20, and PUNISHER #33 (MR).



5 Comments:

26 April, 2006 03:05, Blogger Rob H said...

I picked up the first Invincible trade and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it. It's somewhere in my huge pile of "to read trades" so I'll get to it eventually.

 
26 April, 2006 08:06, Blogger zilla said...

i imagine invincible will hook you in the early issues, but make sure you give it a chance... it gets better and better IMO.

 
26 April, 2006 08:07, Blogger zilla said...

PS - Invincible is the first "teen turned superhero" comic that hasn't turned my stomache since Spider-Man.

 
26 April, 2006 14:58, Blogger Stephan Schroeder said...

Are you dropping the Usagi monthlies?

 
26 April, 2006 15:40, Blogger zilla said...

Stephan - i think so... i'm steadily making my way through the trades so i always have one on hand when i'm in the mood but i'm way back on book 7... i'll prob read UY by trade.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel