Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, April 25, 2006



The Goon #17

I love this comic. Brings a smile to my face each month w/o fail. #17 does feel a bit short-winded though (seeming to end soon after it gets started) but i enjoyed my 5 minutes w/ it none-the-less.

The opening few pages kick ass and we ultimately learn a bit more about the nameless priest's new "muscle" (described by Franky as "escapees from a mongoloid baby clinic"; but in reality they are some sort of black magic conjured demon-spawn that the priest gave his right eye to unleash).

Good 'ole Norton's Pub gets ransacked and burned to the ground by the priest's new demon mob, and fans know this will undoubtably set off a Goon and crew ass whupping frenzy in coming issues (always a welcome event around here). I can only hope the good Dr. Alloy re-surfaces to join the fray (he and buzzard are my favs next to Goon). B.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel