Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Saturday, April 22, 2006



"Sleeper" HC? Nah. I wrote Brubaker and asked him myself:

I wish. Unfortunately, DC only HBs the really popular stuff, and while Sleeper's trades sold well, the actual comics lost money every issue, just about.

But, if you like Sleeper, you'll love the new book Sean and I are working on, and that is going to have Hardback collections, I believe, but signed and limited editions only, most likely. Look for an announcement soon.

Ed


On 22 Apr 2006 14:06:38 -0000, Rod Wetsel wrote:
Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
Rod Wetsel on Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 10:06:38
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

message: Ed - HUGE new fan of your work. I'm working my way through Sleeper (currently in the middle of vol. 4) and was wondering... are there any plans to give Sleeper the HC treatment?

Thanks hoss. Appreciate your work big time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------



2 Comments:

25 April, 2006 08:37, Blogger Ryan X said...

An email to Ed Brubaker? That is awesome! Too cool dude.

 
25 April, 2006 15:44, Blogger zilla said...

second time i've ever written a writer/artist directly (other was powell, i forget about what) and both wrote me back when i thought neither would. pretty cool indeed (that's saying something good about the approachability of artists in the comics industry me thinks??)

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel