Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, May 02, 2006



3.15 Shopping List

Hmmm... Light week for me, though i'm into the current Punisher arc and Exterminators continues to entertain. I guess i'll pick up Civil War #1 (almost because i feel like i have to), though i expect to drop it after a couple of issues and just get the digest from someone a ala HoM.

I did love v1 and 2 of the PAD Hulk Visionaries so #3 is going on my Amazon wish list along w/ that MASSIVE (and massively expensive) X-Men Omnibus...

I'll def be picking up:

BPRD UNIVERSAL MACHINE #2 (OF 5) - I'm a quiet fan of B.P.R.D. (potentially due to HB withdrawal) and the mini's have gotten better and better IMO.
EXTERMINATORS #5 (MR) - Pull list. Unique and entertaining.
CIVIL WAR #1 (OF 7) - This is one of those books you feel like you HAVE to get for some reason... though i'm not all that excited about it.
MARVEL TEAM-UP #20 - Pull list. Another one of those "McDonald's" books i buy every month for those times when i just feel like sitting down and reading a comic w/o investing too much brain power.
PUNISHER #33 (MR) - Pull list.

Notable:

SAM & TWITCH BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS COLLECTION VOL 1 TP (MR) - I've had this on my wish list so long i forgot why i put it there... anyone read this?
HULK VISIONARIES PETER DAVID VOL 3 TP - v1 and 2 were great so what the hell?
UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC - $99? At least it's $60 at Amazon. I wonder if this will be any good???
ATOMIKA #7 (OF 12) - I won't be picking up this single issue, but i DID read #1-3 back when and dug them enough to read by trade (assuming it gets collected).

Next Week:

EX MACHINA #20 (MR) and ARES #4 (OF 5).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel