Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, May 16, 2006



5.17 Shopping List

Considering last week was so light for me that i didn't even make the trip, i'm anxious to get back in the saddle this week. Luckily Fear Agent and Fell are both dropping new issues this week. Cool.

CONAN #28 (MR) - Pull list. Does this issue start the changing of the writer guard? I can't remember...
BATMAN YEAR ONE HUNDRED #4 (OF 4) -- I've really, really enjoyed this mini and can't wait to read the wrap issue. Lucky for me the Year 100 flops have been square-binded so they sit nicely on the shelf... no TP purchase required (but maybe...).
DMZ #7 (MR) - Pull list. IMO DMZ is just starting to get good.
FEAR AGENT #4 - Pull list. Is it just me or did this one seem to actually come out on time? I hope they can keep it up since this Sci Fi title kicks major ass to this point.
FELL #5 - Pull list. I'd buy this if it were $2.99.
CAPTAIN AMERICA #18 - Pull list, though i'm looking ahead to the next arc already (and that's usually a bad sign for me).
MOON KNIGHT #2 - #1 was just interesting enough. I'm in for #2 regardless of my 2-issue rule.

NOTABLE:
100 BULLETS #72 (MR) - I'm reading 100 Bullets by TP.  Sucks sometimes to know that there are 5 100 B issues worth of happenings that i'm not privvy too.  Ah well.
CONAN VOL 3 TOWER OF THE ELEPHANT & STORIES HC - I'm still loving Conan, but looking back i'm wondering if this title isn't fading on me a bit (maybe this author reboot is warranted after all)?  I absolutely loved the first collection (Frost Giant's Daughter and other Stories), thought the second (God in the Bowl...) was a bit off comparatively (though still good), and have really no desire to buy this third collection, though i did enjoy the issues...  hmmmmm.
FRANK MILLERS SIN CITY LIBRARY II HC - Oh man if i didn't have the entire Sin City run in softcover i'd be all over these swell HC collections, though they're priced to stoke the ire of comic-reader wives everywhere.



3 Comments:

16 May, 2006 20:52, Blogger Rob H said...

I've heard that Cary Nord isn't working on Conan any more? Is this true?

 
17 May, 2006 06:06, Anonymous CellarDoor Family said...

Have you heard anything about "Talent" from Boom Studios? I read a review over at Fourth Rail, and it sounds pretty dang interesting.

 
18 May, 2006 16:58, Blogger Ryan X said...

Did Fear Agent come out yesterday? I picked up my stack today and didn't even notice it wasn't in there!!! Someone please tell me it was delayed...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel