Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, May 04, 2006



Busy as a one-armed mail room attendant...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately but i've been busier than shit at work the past couple of days...  I'm hoping to get to the LCS today and grab my weekly stash (still have some shotgun thoughts about a couple of last weeks flops that i may post later on today if i get a chance). 

FYI, if anyone's interested, i got my new Amazon order a few days ago and i'm simultaneously reading the first Maxx volume and the first Astro City (as well as Shogun, which i finally found at a used bookstore online for 10 beans).



2 Comments:

04 May, 2006 09:42, Blogger Rob H said...

Let us know what you thought of Astro City. I've been Astro-curious for a while now.

By the way, I've been reading Swamp Thing. I've just finished the second TPB and it's very, very good stuff. I don't think you'll be disappointed when you get to it.

 
04 May, 2006 10:16, Blogger zilla said...

i'll def post a review of astro city... and that's good news about swamp thing - i almost added it to my basket this past order but shit was getting pricey! i'll pick it up soon though...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel