Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Thursday, May 11, 2006



Interesting Newsarama article (Marvel's Civil War)

cmoney posted a comment to my review of Civil War #1 w/ a link to an interesting Newsarama article addressing one of my beefs about the event. 

The author, Troy Brownfield, is a lot more comfortable w/ the fact that long time allies and teammates can so quickly turn on each other, suggesting that Milar and McNiven are really just taking advantage of underlying stress/previous fissures between some of the main characters (Cap Am and Iron Man are addressed here in this first part of a multi-part series of articles).

Personally, though the article is an interesting read for sure, i'm still not feeling it.  i guess i'm one of those dudes who has this "thing" about loyalty and friendship and what it *should* take to put boys at odds.  I def don't like things dragged out in my comics, but if you're going to tackle an issue like this, you sure as hell better put in the time up front to pull it off in a believable fashion...

Just my 2c.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel