Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Sunday, May 07, 2006



Marvel Team Up #20

Robert Kirkman's Marvel Team Up (or is it "Team-Up"? I'm a moron when it comes to hyphens) is a consistently entertaining read for a flop and the "cartoony sketch" art this issue worked pretty well for me once i warmed up to it.

Captain America has been charged w/ delivering a sliver of a cosmic cube (which has been fashioned into a ring... "one ring to rule them all"!) when he does the unthinkable... he loses it during a scrap w/ the M.O.D.O.C. Squad (?).

The ring is discovered by a random young dude who quickly discovers it's reality altering powers (and has some fun w/ a friend goofing around shortly thereafter). Nice to see the lighter side of new-found powers sometimes...

It's funny, this comic isn't in my top 10 (or even my top 20 maybe) but titles like these have their place among floppies, and are great to just pick up and veg to w/o requiring much brain power (if any). kind of like a Maxim or FHM magazine you know? Next to worthless generally speaking but still entertaining somehow :) B



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel