Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, June 20, 2006



6.21 Shopping List

Man, "real" life has been all up in my way the last couple of weeks... my posting schedule is getting to look a lot like the Ultimates shipping schedule... oh wait - there's a new Ultimates this very week!

I'm def buying...


Casanova #1CONAN #29 (MR) - Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't this issue start Miggs arc w/ Conan??
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #4 - I'm not a big Superman fan, but i LOVE this book.
EX MACHINA #21 (MR) - Pull list.
CASANOVA #1 (MR) - Been looking forward to this for what seems like forever now... Prob my most anticipated read this week. I'll def post thoughts on this tomorrow/thursday-ish.
ETERNALS #1 (OF 6) - I don't know jack about this except the awesome add that's been running in my comics for a couple months now (and a short piece in last month's Wizard which i've totally forgotten now).
GIANT SIZE HULK #1 - In?
NEW AVENGERS #20 - Every time i feel like i'm just about to drop NA, Bendis drops a solid issue that reels me back in.
ULTIMATES 2 #11 - Quite possibly my favorite ongoing capes title... Too bad it comes out as irregular as Garpa's bowels after a jalepeno eating contest.

Notable...

CONAN BOOK OF THOTH #4 (OF 4) - I enjoyed the heck out of #1 but decided to wait for the trade rather than pay $4.99 an issue. I'm not cheap or anything.
CONAN VOL 3 TOWER OF THE ELEPHANT & STORIES TP - I'm still in love w/ this series, though it seems to have fallen from the incredible heights of The Frost Giants Daughter and Other Stories....
FEAR AGENT VOL 1 REIGNITION TP - Notable but i won't be buying it.
INVINCIBLE VOL 6 DIFFERENT WORLD TP - I'm buying these via the Ultimate HC editions. #2 is out soon me thinks??? #1 rocked.

Next Week...

LOVELESS #8 (MR), DAREDEVIL #86, MOON KNIGHT #3, NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #6, WOLVERINE #43, NEW AVENGERS #21, and X-FACTOR #8 CW



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel