Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, June 28, 2006



6.28 Panel (and a bit about last week's Giant-Size Hulk)

Ran out of time to properly review this last week but suffice it to say that Peter David's Hulk: The End story in the Giant-Size Hulk book last week was the absolute BEST big green story i've read since i've been back into comics.  This flop is going in my "special" (keeper) pile even if the first two stories (preceding The End) are garbage. 

Hulk is my all time favorite Marvel character and i've been sorely (and repeatedly) disappointed with his ongoing book.  His Ultimate U iteration is solid but appearances are rare (Ultimates, Ultimates 2, and Wolverine vs. Hulk which is way behind now that i think about it).



PS - Where did this guy Dale Keown come from? Can we get him on Incredible somehow (or an Ultimate Hulk going ;)



3 Comments:

28 June, 2006 21:11, Anonymous cmoney said...

Yeah, it's a great story, I should dig it out and re-read it soon. As far as I can recall, this and the Punisher are the only "The End" stories that have been worth telling.

 
28 June, 2006 22:12, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Zilla,

I personally don't read much Hulk, but you made The End sound like an interesting story. Dale Keown actually drew Incredible Hulk in the early 90's, not sure if there's any collections that include his work, but I'm pretty sure Peter David was writing at the time. Keown then created Pitt at Image (I believe I have the first few issues somewhere now that I think about it). It seemed like a promising title, but never really went anywhere. Thanks for giving me a reason to dig through old bags and boxes full of comics in my basement!

 
30 June, 2006 13:19, Blogger Shane Bailey said...

Keown used to be on Incredible Hulk long ago with Peter David, but he jumped ship and moved to Image to write and draw Pitt. Then he just kind of disappeared for a while until he resurfaced on The Darkeness at Top Cow for a while.

I haven't seen him do much since Hulk: The End and The Darkness.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel