Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, June 27, 2006



6.28 Shopping List

After an awesome haul 6 days ago i'm extra hype for tomorrow to get here (man are we nerds or what?).  Not a huge shopping list for tomorrow but there are def a couple budding gems on the docket...  let's hope we get even half the overall quality of last week.

I'm buying...

DAREDEVIL #86 - Pull list.  Though Uncensored seems to have disappeared, i owe him for turning me onto this great book (and Brubaker in general).
INVINCIBLE #33 - Pull list.  Seems Invincible has been coming out a lot more regularly lately...  and that's a very good thing.  Sean, remember when you were just getting on board?  a few months later what do you think?  I hope you went back and read some of the "older" stuff (QUALITY).
LOVELESS #8 (MR) - I keep buying this though i'm not sure yet if i like it...  i must i guess.  PS - don't i say that EVERY time a new issue of this book drops??
MOON KNIGHT #3 - Hey this book doesn't get the due it deserves so far IMO.  #1 and 2 were hella enjoyable.  If they can keep this up i can see myself with this book for some time...  Just do me a favor (as if you're listening) and keep it gritty and away from the rest of the marvel U (capes).
NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #6 - Ah yes...  always a good week when a new Nextwave lands.  One of the truly intelligent funny books out at the moment (i might say #1 if there was no such thing as the Goon).
WOLVERINE #43 - Ramos, ramos, ramos, my man.  I saw some preview pages of this issue  a few weeks ago and it seems that Humberto is shaken off the rust (having not drawn capes for a while) and really turns it on here...  Can't wait.

Notable...

GHOST RIDER ROAD TO DAMNATION PREMIERE HC - I sold my flop set for almost as much as i paid for it so i'll def be buying the TP...  but not this HC unfortunately (fortunately?).
USAGI YOJIMBO #94 - I'm reading this by the TP (there are 20-some and i'm on #9) but i put it on here so i could be sure and pimp it one more time (and every chance i get).  X - what do you think?
LAST CHRISTMAS #2 (OF 6) - #1 had it's moments and at the time i was pretty sure i was onboard w/ #2 but i'm less sure now that the day has come.  Call this one a game time decision.
PVP #27 - I don't buy this by the flop but have every TP so far...  this release got me thinking though...  when's the next TP (#4 i think?) due?  this is QUALITY home office (read: the can) material.

Next Week...

BPRD UNIVERSAL MACHINE #4 (OF 5), CONAN & THE SONGS OF THE DEAD #1 (OF 5), GOON #18, ARES #5 (OF 5), PUNISHER #35 (MR), and THING #8



4 Comments:

27 June, 2006 21:00, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

geeks, not nerds...it's a fine line...

 
28 June, 2006 09:49, Blogger Ryan X said...

Great comment CD. I am still onboard with UY, just need more time to read! I obviously need some tips from you Zilla about how to spend more time on the can...

 
28 June, 2006 14:19, Blogger zilla said...

Cellardoor - you said it boss... i screwed that word choice up ;) my wife laughs at how excited i get on tuesday nights...

 
28 June, 2006 22:10, Blogger day4night said...

Lets see i only had two waiting this week:

Nextwave #6 - so much fun. I love all the characters but lately I find myself thinking of that Tabitha going and the "tick, tick, tick, boom!". Makes me laugh.

I read Nextwave and Fell and am struck by the yin/yang, light/dark contrast in the stories. They seem to balance. Hell perhaps the writing process balances warren.

Runaways #17 - building to a big moment. Zilla, I suprised you don't seem to follow this one. I know your a BKV fan.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel